No Cook Tomato Sauce
A tomato sauce you don't have to cook (that doesn't come from a jar)? Who would've thought!
- 2 lb ripe tomatoes cored and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp fresh basil minced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt plus more for taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp molasses
- freshly ground black pepper for taste
In a bowl, toss tomatoes, olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, balsamic vinegar, molasses, and salt. Let this mixture chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
(We're assuming you've got some cooked pasta ready to go by this point.)
When the sauce is chilled, pour it over the cooked pasta. Add some Parmesan if you like, and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper and serve.