On a diet but craving a burger? Sate that craving with this beefy salad.
- 12 oz 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cooking spray
- 1 large red onion peeled and cut horizontally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 pkg romaine lettuce hearts chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomato chopped
- 3 oz 2% reduced-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsalted ketchup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 oz reduced-fat kettle-cooked potato chips
Shape the beef into two 1-inch-thick patties, and sprinkle 'em with pepper and salt. Heat a skillet on medium-high and coat it with cooking spray. Throw the patties in and cook 'em for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, then separate it into rings. Cut the burgers into bite-sized pieces. Divide the romaine lettuce, burger bits, prepped onion, tomato, and cheese among 4 bowls.
Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and stir it all together with a whisk. Drizzle the resulting dressing evenly over the salads. Lightly crush potato chips with your hands and sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the salads.