On a diet but craving a burger? Sate that craving with this beefy salad.
- 12 oz 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cooking spray
- 1 large red onion peeled and cut horizontally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 pkg romaine lettuce hearts chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomato chopped
- 3 oz 2% reduced-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsalted ketchup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 oz reduced-fat kettle-cooked potato chips
Shape beef into 2 (1-inch-thick) patties; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Add onion to pan; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side; separate into rings. Cut burgers into bite-sized pieces. Divide romaine, burgers, onion, tomato, and cheese among 4 bowls.
Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk; drizzle evenly over salads. Lightly crush potato chips with your hands; sprinkle evenly over salads.