Cheesy Sesame Phyllo Crackers
Great recipe for a simple snack and are also great for dipping crackers. This recipe also calls for enough ingredients for two batches.
Write a review
- 6 sheets of Phyllo Pastry fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 4 tbsps. Unsalted Butter
- 1 large Egg White
- 1/3 cup mixed Black and White Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. smoked Paprika
- 4 ounces or 2 cups of Gruyère (finely grated)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and let cool.
- Lightly beat egg white and let stand for room temperature.
- Place a sheet of phyllo on the baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with butter, then top with a second sheet of phyllo (pressing gently to adhere).
- Brush top with butter, adding another sheet of phyllo and pressing gently to adhere.
- The brush top with the egg white.
- Sprinkle half of the sesame seeds and half of paprika over the phyllo.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Then scatter half of the Gruyère cheese over the top.
- Use pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut phyllo into 2-inch squares.
- Bake crackers until golden brown for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before serving.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients for second batch.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe can be made 8 hours in-advance and store in an airtight container with room temperature.
- For a fun party snack the crackers can be cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.
SaucyRecipes.com | It's All In The Sauce http://saucyrecipes.com/