Chicken Spinach Artichoke Soup
This healthy and creamy soup recipe is just so good.
- 1 tbsp oilve oil extra virgin
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- freshly ground pepper
- 6 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 lb chicken breat boneless, skinless
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp heavy cream optional
- 4 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley for garnish
In a big pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and celery and cook 'em until they're soft, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes (if you're using them) and cook until fragrant, one minute more.
Add chicken broth and lemon juice to the pot and bring to a boil. Add chicken breasts and turn the heat down. Let everything simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
Take the chicken out of the pot and shred it with two forks. Put the chicken shreds back in the pot, then add artichoke hearts, mozzarella, Parmesan, and cream (if you're using it). Cook while stirring occasionally until the cheeses are melted. Stir in spinach and garnish with parsley and more Parmesan. Serve.