Chicken Spinach Artichoke Soup
This healthy and creamy soup recipe is just so good. It makes the leap from a popular appetizer to an impressive entrée soup, in just 30 minutes.
- 1 tbsp oilve oil extra virgin
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- freshly ground pepper
- 6 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 lb chicken breat boneless, skinless
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp heavy cream optional
- 4 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley for garnish
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and celery and cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes if using and cook until fragrant, one minute more.
2. Add chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add chicken breasts and lower heat. Let simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks. Return chicken top pot, then add artichoke hearts, mozzarella, parmesan, and cream if using. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheeses are melted. Stir in spinach and serve garnished with parsley and more parmesan.