Scallops and Peas
Packed with melt in your mouth textures and smoky flavors.
Cook Time 22 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Servings 3 humans
- 12 large sea scallops side muscle removed 1 1/2 lbs
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas or frozen peas
- 3 slices bacon cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 medium shallot cut crosswise into thin rings
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper.
Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add peas and cook for 2 minutes. Strain and reserve the cooking liquid.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon strips and cook 3-5 minutes or until crispy. Add shallot and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from pan.
Mix bacon and shallots with 1/4 of the peas.
Place rest of the peas, lemon juice, 1/2 cup pea water, salt, and pepper in a blender. Puree until smooth. Next, add mint leaves and blend again.
Crank up the skillet to high heat. Place scallops in the pan and sear for 3 minutes per side.
Serve with bacon and peas mixture alongside the mint-pea puree.