They aren’t called crack Brussel sprouts for nothin’. Try this bangin’ guilt-free Brussel sprouts recipe that keeps things healthy, but surprisingly tasty. Any day I can get fooled into eating my veggies is a good day!
1 lb. Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. panko breadcrumbs
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tbsp. water
Freshly ground black pepper
1 c. barbecue sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
Juice of 2 limes
1 tsp. garlic powder
Ranch dressing, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flour and Brussels sprouts, toss until fully coated.
2. Set up a dredging station: In one bowl, add panko breadcrumbs and in another bowl whisk eggs and add 1 tablespoon water. Dip Brussels sprouts in beaten eggs, then in panko until fully coated. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, warm barbecue sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and garlic powder. Whisk until smooth and keep warm until Brussels sprouts are fully cooked.
5. Coat baked Brussels sprouts in sauce and serve with ranch, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Delish