Crispy Thai Chicken Salad
The most flavorful salad you'll have all week.
- Shredded rotisserie chicken breast meat skin removed
- 1 cup parsley leaves with tender stems
- 1 Granny Smith apple cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 medium onion sliced very thinly
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup dried sour cherries
- ½ cup salted roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Cooked long-grain white rice for serving
In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Now add chicken and cook without flipping for 4 minutes, or until golden. Flip to the other side and brown for 4 more minutes.
In a small bowl, add 2 cups water, a pinch of salt, and onion to soak. Set aside.
Pour chicken and oil into a large heatproof bowl, adding the lime juice, cherries, and fish sauce. Toss to combine. Let cool and marinate.
Drain and rinse the onions 2-3 times through a mesh strainer.
Add the parsley, onion, lime zest, peanuts, and apple to the bowl and give a thorough mix.
Serve and enjoy! 😀