Japanese Fluffy Cheesecake
Japanese cheesecake is going viral right now as the ultimate sweet and fluffy treat, here's a recipe with few ingredients to try.
Write a review
- 1 cup (8 oz.) Cream Cheese
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 7 tbsp. Milk
- 6 large Eggs (seperated)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Extract
- 3/4 cup (6 oz.) Granulated Sugar (divided)
- 3/4 cup (3.75 oz.) Cake Flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
Water Bath For Baking Cheesecake
- Line bottom of 8-inch springform tin with piece of parchment paper (circle cut for bottom of pan) and grease with butter.
- Choose a deep baking pan bigger than springform pan, then line bottom with cheesecloth.
- Set aside to be ready for baking.
- Melt together the cream cheese, butter and milk in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Once heated whisk until there are no more lumps.
- Then whisk in egg yolks, lemon juice, vanilla extract and half of the sugar.
- Place sieve over the bowl and add cake flour, corn starch, and salt into cream cheese mixture.
- Whisk in dry ingredients into a smooth mixture with no lumps, then set aside.
- Using stand or hand mixer, whip egg whites with whisk attachment on medium speed.
- Once meringue starts to stiffen, add cream of tartar.
- When thick and at soft peak stage, slowly add remaining sugar.
- Whip until meringue turns glossy with increased volume and holds stiff peak.
- Using a thin edged metal spoon, take 1/3 of meringue and fold it into the cream cheese batter to loosen the mixture.
- Cut and fold the meringue swiftly but gently to minimize deflation of the meringue.
- Fold into meringue until blended, with the resulting batter be light and airy.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into prepared cake pan with water bath.
- Pour hot water into the water bath until about half way up the sides of the cake pan (be careful not to splash water into the mixture).
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven 400° F for 18 minutes, then lower oven to 320° F for 12 minutes only.
- Then turn off the oven and open the door of the oven slightly for 30 minutes only, then remove from the oven completely to cool at room temp.
- Turn out the cheesecake from the pan onto a cake plate and serve.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- For a nice finish on the cake use a stencil on top of the cake then sprinkle powdered sugar.
SaucyRecipes.com | It's All In The Sauce http://saucyrecipes.com/