Butternut Greek Salad
It's that time of year for squash. There is so much texture in this Mediterranean flavored sweet and savory salad; it's perfect for a Meatless Monday.
- 8 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 red onion diced
- 5 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 1/2 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss together squash, onion, 3 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper on rimmed baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven until squash is browned and tender, 20 to 25, rotating pan on a rack after 15 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, honey, oregano, dill, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
Combine chickpeas, olives, and walnuts in a large bowl; drizzle with dressing, and toss to combine. Add squash mixture and feta; toss lightly to combine. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.