Spicy Shrimp and Grits
Pimento cheese grits and juicy shrimp? A match made in heaven.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 pound large shrimp about 20, peeled, deveined, divided
- 1 cup medium-grind grits not instant
- 1 cup pimiento cheese spread
- 4 ounces thick-cut bacon cut crosswise into ¼-inch strips
- ⅓ cup parsley leaves with tender stems chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons sambal oelek divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
Bring a pot of salt, pepper, and 4 1/2 cups water to a boil. Whisk in the grits and reduce to simmer. Cook with the lid on for 10 minutes. Raise heat slightly and whisk in pimiento cheese and sambal. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the bacon in a skillet for 5-6 minutes, or until crispy. Remove and set aside. Add shrimp to the bacon grease and cook 1-2 minutes per side.
Remove the shrimp tails then add the shrimp to a bowl with the bacon, lime juice, sambal, and parsley. Toss to coat evenly.
Serve shrimp on top of the grits.