Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
A crunchy and tasty appetizer to put you in a summer mood.
- 1/2 cup flour all-purpose
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs Japanese style
- 12 oz medium peeled, deveined raw shrimp tail-on
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 serrano chile thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro optional
Stir flour and pepper together in a shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow dish. Stir together coconut and panko in a third shallow dish. Gripping each shrimp by the tail, dredge them in the flour mixture, making sure not to coat the tail, and shake off any excess. Dip them in the egg, allowing any excess to drip off. Dredge them in the coconut mixture, giving them a firm press to adhere. Coat the shrimp well with cooking spray.
Place half of the shrimp in the air fryer basket, and cook at 400°F until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning shrimp over halfway through cooking. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Repeat with the remaining shrimp and salt.
While shrimp does its thing, whisk together honey, lime juice, and serrano chile in a small bowl. When the shrimp is done, sprinkle it with cilantro, if desired. Serve with sauce.