Here is a delicious snack bar for when you're in need of a boost, but not a sugar crash.
- 2 1/2 cups roasted, unsalted cashews
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates about 20 dates
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice for about 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment. You should have a little overhang on all sides.
Place the cashews in the bowl of a food processor and pulse 'em until they're finely chopped. Add the dates, lemon juice, chia seeds, lemon zest, and salt. Pulse everything until it's a well-combined mixture and begins to form a ball, about 1 minute.
Press that mixture into the prepared pan and top it with coconut. Stick it in the fridge until it firms up, about 30 minutes, then cut into 16 bars. Or, if you prefer poppers to bars, form the mixture into balls and roll in the coconut before chilling.