Here is a delicious snack bar for when you're in need of a boost, but not a sugar crash.
- 2 1/2 cups roasted, unsalted cashews
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates about 20 dates
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice for about 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides.
Place the cashews in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the dates, lemon juice, chia seeds, lemon zest, and salt. Pulse until well-combined and the mixture begins to form a ball, about 1 minute.
Press the mixture into the prepared pan and top with the coconut. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes, then cut into 16 bars. Alternatively, form the mixture into balls and roll in the coconut.