Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken and Quinoa Stew
A complete meal in one pot, full of the vibrant flavors of the Mediterranean.
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs about 4 chicken thighs
- 4 cup chopped peeled butternut squash
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock such as Swanson
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 oz pitted Castelvetrano olives sliced
Combine chicken, squash, stock, onion, garlic, bay leaf, salt, oregano, ground fennel seeds, and pepper in Instant Pot. Don't worry, there's room. Put the lid on and switch to manual. Turn the lid valve to seal, and set to high pressure for 8 minutes.
Release the valve with a towel (mind the steam, it's gonna be hot and aggressive), and release the steam until it stops. Carefully uncover, and transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Stir the quinoa into the stew. Switch to sauté, and cook while stirring occasionally until the quinoa turns tender, about 15 minutes. Shred the chicken and stir it into the stew. Discard the bay leaf. Divide the soup evenly among 6 bowls and sprinkle each with olives.