Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Just set it up in the morning before you leave for work, and when you get home, it's right there and ready to go.
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 c. drained capers
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 8 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 28-oz. container diced tomatoes
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 8 6-oz. bone-in chicken thighs, skinned (about 3 lb.)
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 oz. uncooked spaghetti broken in half
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese grated (about 1/2 cup)
Combine the water and flour in a 6-quart electric slow cooker and whisk it. Stir in the chicken stock and the next 8 ingredients (up to and including the mushrooms). Add the chicken thighs to the stock mixture; make sure they're fully submerged in the liquid. Cover and set to cook on LOW for 7 1/2 hours. Set it and forget it!
Remove the chicken from the pot. When it's cool enough to handle, remove and discard the bones from the chicken.
Add the oil and pasta to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes or until the pasta is done. Stir in spinach until it's wilted. Divide the pasta mixture among 8 shallow bowls and top each evenly with chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy.