Soy Marinated Tuna Kebabs
Savory, Asian-inspired seafood, now in kebab form!
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb tuna fillet cut into 24 chunks
- 16 shishito peppers or mini bell peppers
- 8 cremini mushrooms halved
- 1 medium eggplant cut into 16 cubes
- cooking spray
Soak 8 (12-inch) wooden skewers in water 15 minutes.
Stir together 1/4 cup cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, sesame seeds, and black pepper in a large bowl. Reserve half of marinade. Add tuna to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat. Chill 15 minutes.
Remove tuna from marinade. Place marinade in a saucepan; boil 2 minutes. Thread tuna, shishito peppers, mushrooms, and eggplant onto skewers, beginning and ending with tuna.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high. Coat with cooking spray. Grill skewers until charred, 3 to 4 minutes, turning once. Brush with cooked marinade during last minute of grilling. Place skewers on a plate. Top with reserved marinade and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.