Black Bean Hummus
Hummus is usually made from chickpeas, but this Black Bean Hummus is a tasty twist on everyone's favorite dip, and it's also so much creamier and smoother. Besides, it's naturally gluten-free and vegan, and if you ask me, it tastes AHHHMAAZING!
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro divided
- 2 tbsp tahini roasted sesame seed paste
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can no-salt-added black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper seeded
- 3 pitas
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place 1/4 cup cilantro, tahini, and next 8 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a food processor; process until smooth. Spoon into a bowl; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.
Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Arrange on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 6 minutes, turning once.