Lunch Lady Sloppy Joes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 sandwich rolls or hamburger buns split, buttered, and toasted
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown your beef and onion around 8 minutes. You'll know you're good when when there's no pink left in the beef. Drain out the excess juice afterwards.
Add everything else (except the rolls, obviously) to your skillet and mix it well. Put the heat on low and simmer it for 8 to 10 minutes while giving it an occasional stir. When you're ready, spoon that goodness evenly onto your rolls.
Know what goes great with a sloppy joe? A nice, big side of coleslaw, extra chunky. If you're feeling adventurous, put it all on one bun!