These mini toasted sandwiches pack quite a flavor-filled punch! If you’re looking for something that gives the warm, home-cooked feel without the heaviness of a full meal, these are your new best friend!
¼ cup fig jam
¼ cup GREY POUPON Country Dijon mustard
1½ teaspoons red wine or sherry vinegar
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
12 slices white pullman or sandwich bread
8 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, pre-sliced or grated on large holes of box grater, divided
¼ pound thinly sliced prosciutto
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1.Place a rimmed baking sheet in oven and preheat to 250°. Mix jam, mustard, vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Using a butter knife or small offset spatula, spread fig mostarda mixture evenly across 6 slices of bread, working all the way to edges.
3.Top those 6 slices with half of cheddar, dividing evenly, then all of the prosciutto.
4. Divide remaining cheese evenly across prosciutto, then top with remaining bread slices.
5. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter, working all the way to edges of bread. Heat a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-low.
6. Cook 3 sandwiches, pressing down firmly with spatula, until golden brown on first side, about 2 minutes. Turn sandwiches and cook on second side until golden, about 2 minutes longer.
7. Transfer to baking sheet in oven to keep warm. Repeat cooking process with remaining sandwiches.
8. When ready to serve, cut each sandwich into triangles.
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit