Bagel Breakfast Casserole
Forget a plain ol' egg and cheese bagel. Turn it into a make-ahead breakfast casserole instead!
- cooking spray
- 4 everything bagels chopped
- 1 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz block cream cheese cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 2 green onions sliced, plus more for garnish
- freshly ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne
- 1 tsp poppy seed
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp coarse salt
Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”-x-13” baking pan with cooking spray. Scatter about half of the bagel pieces in the baking pan then top with half of the cheddar, tomatoes, cream cheese, and red onion. Repeat to make another layer.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and green onions. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Pour mixture over bagels making sure to coat each bagel piece. Sprinkle seasonings over casserole then cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake until bagels are golden and eggs are cooked through, about 25 minutes more. Let cool 30 minutes.
Garnish with green onions before serving.