A classic and delicious recipe made super simple for your busy lifestyle.
- 4 pounds plum tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons or more kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided, plus more
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place tomatoes on a lined baking sheet, seasoning with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Roast until caramelized and sweet, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
Next, sautee onion with olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook until translucent, about 10 minutes.
To the pot, add roasted tomatoes, cream, and 1 1/4 cups water.
Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer, cooking until the flavors have infused and the soup is thickened. This should take about 25 minutes.
Blend the soup in batches until smooth.
Serve and enjoy! 😀