Raspberry Lemonade Squares
Your favorite childhood drink in a cookie bar, what more could you ask for?
For the crust:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
For the filling:
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
In a food processor, pulse together the flour, sugar, salt, lemon zest, and butter until it forms a crumbly, sticky mixture.
Grease and line a baking dish with parchment paper. Press mixture into the pan, spreading evenly. Lightly poke with a fork all over the surface of the dough.
Chill for 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a blender puree the raspberries until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
Whisk sugar, eggs, and lemon juice together until smooth. Then add salt and pomegranate juice, whisking to combine even more.
Add flour and raspberry puree, mixing well to incorporate.
Pour the filling over the crust and bake for 20 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes or until the filling is set and holds together when you shake the pan.
Cut into squares and enjoy! 😀