Warm your body and soul with a delicious bowl of turkey chili.
- 1 1/2 tspn canola or corn oil for cooking
- 1 medium or large onion chopped
- 1 1/4 lb ground turkey meat
- 1/2 tspn garlic powder
- 2 tspn chili powder
- 1/2 tspn pepper
- 1/2 tspn ground cumin
- 15.5 oz can of no salt added pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 15.5 oz can of no salt added black beans rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz can of no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cup Fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 6 oz can of no salt added tomato paste
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a pan.
Saute the onion for 3 minutes or until soft. Reduce heat to medium.
Add in the turkey meat and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
Add the garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, and ground cumin. Stir well.
Add in the beans, tomatoes, tomato past, chicken broth and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes stirring frequently.
Serve garnished with chopped green onions.