Make this zucchini lasagna for a hearty, vegetarian entree. It's delicious, not to mention healthier than regular lasagna.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups julienne-cut zucchini
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper divided
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup water from fresh mozzarella container
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2.5 oz grated fresh Parmesan cheese about 10 tbsp
- 1 pkg refrigerated fresh lasagna noodles 6 noodles
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add zucchini, squash, thyme, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove zucchini mixture from pan, and cool completely.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, ricotta, mozzarella water, and mozzarella in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Combine 1/2 cup ricotta mixture and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
Arrange 2 noodles in an 8-inch square glass baking dish coated with cooking spray; trim to fit if needed. Top with half of the zucchini mixture and half of the ricotta mixture. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Top with the ricotta-Parmesan mixture. Cover dish with foil. Bake lasagna at 375° for 30 minutes; uncover. Bake, uncovered, an additional 15 minutes.
Turn broiler to high. Sprinkle lasagna with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into 6 slices.