Nothing like a sweet pastry full of apple-y goodness.
- 1 pound sweet apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup dried currants
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 slices brown bread crumbled
- ½ 16 ounce package phyllo dough
- ¼ cup butter melted
Turn the oven up to 400 F.
Combine the apples, raisins, currants, cinnamon, sugar and bread crumbs in a bowl and stir well.
Spread a few sheets of pastry generously with melted butter and stack them up on a baking sheet. Spread the fruit mixture evenly over the top sheet, then roll them up into a log shape. Brush again with melted butter.
Bake the log in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and fruit is tender.