Orange juice, tequila, and grenadine mix to create the beautiful colors of the morning sun.
- 1 1.5 fluid ounce jigger tequila
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ice cubes
- ½ 1.5 fluid ounce jigger grenadine syrup
- 1 slice orange for garnish
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
Add the tequila and orange juice to a cocktail shaker and shake them together. You can also stir them together if you don't have a shaker.
Fill a chilled 12 ounce glass with ice cubes and pour in the mixture. Slowly, carefully pour in the grenadine, allowing it to settle at the bottom of the glass. This'll take a few minutes, so be patient. Garnish with a slice of orange, and a maraschino cherry.