Savory chicken with a little tropical flair.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika optional
- 5 pounds skinless chicken thighs
Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, onion, ginger, black pepper, and oregano in a big glass bowl. If you want some extra spice, add the red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Place the chicken thighs in the bowl, and toss them to get a nice, even coat. Cover the top with plastic wrap, and let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
When it's almost time for dinner, preheat the grill to medium, and give the grate a light oiling.
Grill the marinated chicken on the grill until they're cooked through, around 15 minutes per side.