Yes, cranberries do pack a strong flavor for their small size, but don’t worry…you will still love these even if you don’t like cranberries!
1 lb. ground beef
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
Freshly ground black pepper
1 c. barbecue sauce
1 (14-oz.) can cranberry sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. olive oil
Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine beef with egg, panko breadcrumbs, garlic, and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Roll into small balls, about the size of ping pong balls.
2. Make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, cranberry sauce and chili powder.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add meatballs in a single layer and sear on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
4. Pour sauce into the skillet and let meatballs simmer in sauce until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
5. Reduce heat if the sauce is boiling to rapidly.
6. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Delish.com