A hearty spaghetti dinner full of meat and veggies!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onions chopped
- ½ cup green bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid
- 12 ounces spaghetti broken up
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat a big skillet over medium heat on the stove. Brown the ground beef with the onions until the beef loses its pink, then drain. Mix in the green pepper and mushrooms and cook for about two minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juice, the spaghetti and the water and stir. Add in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and cook the whole thing, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until spaghetti turns tender. Add the cheese and continue stirring until melted.