It's vegan, it's gluten-free and it's super easy to make in one skillet!
- 2 cans unsalted diced tomatoes divided
- 2 cans unsalted chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp salt divided
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large zucchini cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 large yellow squash cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 small eggplant peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves optional
Drain 1 can tomatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Drain remaining 1 can tomatoes; discard liquid. Combine tomatoes reserved 1/2 cup liquid and chickpeas in a bowl.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and next 5 ingredients (through eggplant); sauté 7 to 8 minutes or until slightly tender. Stir in tomato mixture and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; cover, and cook 5 minutes.
Uncover pan; stir in vinegar, paprika, and black pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until vegetable mixture is slightly thickened. Divide vegetable mixture among 4 shallow bowls; drizzle servings evenly with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with basil leaves, if desired.