The best pancakes are the fluffiest pancakes. They are like a big bite of heaven and we are here to make sure your pancakes pass the fluffy test. Here are a few ways to make your pancakes fluffy bites of heaven:
1. Invest in an electric griddle: These produce a heat that’s much more reliable than a stove top, leaving your cooking to be much more predictable.
2. Preheat the pan: Don’t pour the pancake batter onto the pan immediately. Wait until the pan preheats, the batter should sizzle when it hits.
3. Use baking powder: Baking powder is the key ingredient to that enviable fluffiness.
4. Put sugar in the batter: Just a little sugar will give your pancakes those diner-quality crispy edges.
5. Make sure you don’t over stir: Make sure you stir enough for it to be well-blended, but if you over stir it can yield tough pancakes.
6. Replace butter with coconut oil: Butter browns too quickly, so use coconut oil to line the pan instead.