Slow-Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
Tasty taters with cheese, fresh from the slow-cooker.
- 1 c. heavy cream or half and half
- 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 lb. russet potatoes sliced 1/4" thick
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 1/2 c. shredded Gruyère
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, whisk together heavy cream (half and half also works in a pinch), chicken broth, paprika, nutmeg, thyme, rosemary, and garlic powder until it's all combined.
Line the bottom of your slow-cooker with a layer of potatoes, then top with 1/3 of the cream mixture, 1/2 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup gruyère. Season with salt and pepper. Keep making layers until all of the ingredients are used up. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
Remove the lid, turn off the heat, and let set 30 minutes while draining off any resultant grease. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with more thyme and rosemary, then serve. Creamy creamy, cheesy cheesy.