Flaky crust on the outside, tender salmon on the inside.
- 1 6 ounce can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
In a medium bowl, mix the salmon, egg, celery, green onion, dill, and garlic powder together. Pull out little lumps of the mixture and roll them into balls about the size of a golf ball. Roll those balls around in the wheat germ to coat them.
It's fry time! Heat up the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Press the balls down a bit to flatten them, then and fry 'em up in the oil for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Make sure to periodically flip them over so they fry evenly.