Goat Cheese, Onion, and Kale Pizza
Turn on a movie, dim the lights, and veg out on this veggie pizza.
- 1 prepared whole wheat pizza dough or store bought
- 1 lb part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1.5 large onions sliced and caramelized
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Glaze
- 2 oz fresh baby kale
- 5.5 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tbs olive oil for caramelizing onions
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Balsamic cream
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
On a flat surface, like your kitchen counter, place some whole wheat flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll out your pizza dough with a rolling pin. Place the pizza dough onto the pizza stone making sure you reach the edges. You can also use a pizza baking sheet or a cookie sheet. Repeat this with the second pizza dough.
Place 1 lb of shredded cheese over pizza followed by the caramelized onions and crumbled goat cheese.
Bake the pizzas in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes. When baked, top the pizzas with pepper flakes, baby kale and drizzle the balsamic cream. Serve immediately.