A day in boiling water gives these seasoned peanuts a whole new kick.
- 1 pound raw peanuts in shells
- 1 3 ounce package dry crab boil
- ½ cup chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ cup salt
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- ½ cup red pepper flakes
Place all of the ingredients in a slow cooker. Pour in enough water to cover the peanuts, then stir them around to combine the ingredients. Put the cover on and cook on Low until the peanuts become soft, at least 1 full day. Keep an eye on the pot over the course of the day, occasionally stirring and adding water to keep the peanuts covered. When they're done, drain them out and serve either hot or cold.