Korean Style Braised Pork Ribs
Sweet and savory, these braised pork ribs adopted from the land of the morning calm are fantastic.
- 2 lb pork ribs cut into 23 inch pieces
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 carrots chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium-sized potatoes skinned and quartered
- 2 green onions chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 2 king oyster mushrooms chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 2 Korean hot peppers optional
- 3 1/2 tbsp water
- 3 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp mirin/cooking wine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
Submerge the pork ribs in cold water for at least 2 hours. Drain and submerge again with clean water.
Mix together the water, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cooking wine and sesame oil in a mixing bowl.
Soak the ribs in the sauce for at least 30 minutes, then mix in the carrots, onions, potatoes, mushrooms, and green onions.
Cook in a slow cooker on high for four hours or in a pot on medium-low heat until the meat is fall-off-the-bone tender.
Serve with a side of rice and other Korean side dishes for an authentic Korean meal with braised pork ribs.