Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
Make this delightfully chunky soup in your Instant Pot.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 14.5 ounce cans beef consommé
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 10.75 ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 4 carrots finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons pearl barley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Set your Instant Pot to Sauté. Once it warms up, add the beef and onion to the pot. Cook and stir them until they've browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour in the consommé, tomatoes, water, and tomato soup, in that order, then add the carrots, celery, barley, thyme, and bay leaf.
Lock the lid on the pot and it to Soup mode. Set the timer for 30 minutes, allowing 10 to 15 minutes for the pressure to build.
When time's up, let the pressure release naturally; it should take about 10 minutes.