White Pizza Sauce
A smooth and creamy white sauce for a new pizza experience.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk or more as needed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh oregano Optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and olive oil, then cook and stir the onion and garlic until tender and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the flour and whisk until it's lightly browned and the onion turns translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
Mix in the milk, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Cook while whisking continuously until the cheese is melted and the sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Take the pan off the heat.