Healthier Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
A Southeast Asia-Inspired chicken noodle soup made with healthier and flavorful ingredients.
- 100 g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tspn extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small chicken breast fillets
- 4 cm fresh ginger peeled and julienned
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 400 g sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 270 ml light coconut cream
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage thinly shredded
- 2 green shallots sliced
- fresh coriander sprigs to serve
- long red chilli sliced to serve
Boil water and pour over dried noodles in a heatproof bowl. Set aside for 5-7 minutes then drain.
Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
Season chicken and cook each side until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Add ginger and garlic to wok and stir-fry until softened. Add curry paste and stir-fry until aromatic. Add sweet potato, stock and coconut cream. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Finally stir in the soy sauce.
Slice chicken. Divide cabbage and noodles among serving bowls. Pour soup over and top with sliced chicken, shallot, coriander and chilli.