Smoked Sausage Skillet
Sausage, veggies, rice, cheese; it'd be easier to list what isn't in this skillet.
- 1 14 ounce package smoked sausage diagonally cut into 1/4-inch slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 small yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 10 ounce package frozen broccoli thawed
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups instant rice
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
In a skillet, heat the olive oil and crushed garlic, then stir in smoked sausage slices. Cook that stuff until the sausage is browned.
Add in the pepper, onion, broccoli, chicken broth and tomato sauce and let it all simmer for about 10 minutes. The veggies should be tender and the liquid should be completely absorbed.
While that's going on, cook the rice according to package instructions. Stir the rice into the skillet, sprinkle with mozzarella and serve.