Carrot Cake Truffles
A superfood-filled cake ball? You bet your lucky stars.
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup raw unsalted walnut halves
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut plus extra for coating (if desired)
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened pineapple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Place the walnuts, pecans, dates, and pineapple in a strong food processor, and process that stuff until it's almost a paste. Add the coconut, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt, then process it again until it's combined. Turn the resulting mixture out into a bowl.
With a paper towel, squeeze the excess water from the carrots. Once the carrots are dry, add them to the date mixture and give 'em a good mix to combine. Roll the mixture into 24 round truffles. If you want coconut flakes, just roll the truffles around in the flakes until they're evenly coated. Let the truffles chill until they're firm, should take about 30 minutes.