Serve up a plate of these crispy critters with your favorite Asian side sauces.
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 6 ounce cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 1 14 ounce package wonton wrappers
Heat up the frying oil in a big saucepan to 375 F.
Mix the cream cheese, crab, garlic powder, paprika and water chestnuts in a medium bowl.
Place about a teaspoon of the mix in the middle of each wonton. Moisten the wrapper edges with water, fold them over, and seal them up.
Fry the wontons in small batches for 3 to 5 minutes each, or until golden brown.