Sausage, Bean, and Spinach Dip
A whole galaxy of flavors on a chip of your choice.
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 pkg hot ground pork sausage
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 pkg fresh baby spinach coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Corn chip scoops, red bell pepper strips for serving
Preheat your oven to 375°. Cook the diced onion, bell pepper, and sausage in a big skillet while stirring often until the meat crumbles and loses its pink, then drain. Stir in garlic and thyme, and cook for another minute. Stir in the wine, and cook until the liquid has almost completely evaporated.
Add the cream cheese, and cook while stirring constantly until the cream cheese is melted. Then stir in the spinach and salt, and continue cooking and stirring constantly until the spinach is wilted. Gently stir in the beans. Pour the mixture into a 2-qt. baking dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes, or until it turns golden brown. Serve with corn chip scoops, bell pepper strips, and pretzel rods (or whatever else you like to dip, really).