Hot Chocolate with Booze
Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 cups of milk whole milk or any non-dairy milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 ounces of your preferred liquor examples: rum, whiskey, Baileys, Kahlua
- Whipped cream chocolate shavings, or marshmallows for garnish (optional)
heat the milk over medium-low heat in a small saucepan until it starts to steam. Be careful not to let it boil.
combine the cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a separate bowl. Whisk the dry ingredients together until well blended.
Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture to the saucepan of steaming milk, whisking continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
Continue whisking the hot chocolate mixture until it thickens slightly and reaches your desired consistency. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
Let the hot chocolate cool for a minute or two, then add your preferred liquor. Stir well to combine the flavors.
Pour the hot chocolate into mugs or heatproof glasses.
top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of chocolate shavings, or a few marshmallows.
Serve the hot chocolate with a spoon or a straw, and enjoy it while it's still warm.