Prep Time 12 minutes
Cook Time 37 minutes
For the Broth:
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth homemade or store-bought
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1- inch piece of fresh ginger sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon mirin Japanese sweet rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Ramen:
- 8 oz fresh ramen noodles or dried if fresh is unavailable
- 2 cups cooked and sliced protein of your choice chicken, pork, tofu, etc.
- 2 soft-boiled eggs peeled and halved
- 1 cup sliced vegetables spinach, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, corn, etc.
- Sliced green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Nori seaweed sheets, cut into thin strips
- Chili oil or sesame chili sauce optional for heat
Prepare the Broth: a. In a large pot, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. b. Add minced garlic and sliced ginger. Sauté for about a minute until fragrant. c. Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, soy sauce, and mirin, and bring to a gentle simmer. d. In a small bowl, mix the miso paste with a ladle of hot broth until smooth. Add the mixture back to the pot and stir well. e. Let the broth simmer for 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the Ramen Noodles: a. While the broth is simmering, cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions. b. Drain the noodles and rinse them under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
Prepare Toppings: a. Soft-boil the eggs: Place eggs in boiling water and cook for about 7 minutes. Transfer to ice water, peel, and halve. b. Prepare the vegetables and protein by slicing and cooking as needed.
Assemble the Ramen Bowls: a. Divide the cooked ramen noodles into serving bowls. b. Ladle the hot broth over the noodles, ensuring they are well covered. c. Arrange your cooked protein, sliced vegetables, and soft-boiled eggs on top of the noodles.
Garnish and Serve: a. Sprinkle sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and nori strips over the toppings. b. If you desire heat, drizzle chili oil or sesame chili sauce over the bowl.
Enjoy: Slurp, sip, and savor every spoonful of your comforting bowl of ramen. Feel the warmth and satisfaction as you indulge in the perfect balance of flavors and textures.