With a creamy dressing and a twist of lemon, it's salmon like you've never seen it before.
- 1 16 ounce can salmon drained and flaked
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch dried basil
Mix up the salmon, eggs, parsley, onion, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of basil, and red pepper flakes in a mixing bowl. Roll that mix into 6 patties. You want them to be about 1/2 inch thick and firmly packed.
Heat up the veggie oil in a big skillet on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the patties to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes. Flip 'em over and cook for another 4 minutes. You want a nice brown color on both sides. Serve on their own or between your favorite buns.
To make the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of basil together in a small bowl. Place a dollop of dressing on the patties.