Now that's a tender cut of fish.
- 1/2 yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 limes zested and juiced, plus wedges for serving
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. each ground black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 c. packed cilantro stems and leaves, plus additional leaves for serving
- 1 1/2 lb. salmon cut into 4 fillets
- Cooking spray
Combine every ingredient except for the salmon (and the cooking spray, obviously) in a blender or food processor and puree that stuff until it's one smooth mixture.
Combine the salmon with the marinade in the FoodSaver Quick Marinator and seal. Marinate for at least an hour or up to overnight, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Now for the actual cooking part. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Take the salmon out of its container (defrost it if it's frozen) and shake off the excess marinade.
Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the fillets, skin side down, on the sheet and roast until medium doneness, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Serve with additional cilantro leaves and lime wedges.