Now that's a tender cut of fish.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 1/2 yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 limes zested and juiced, plus wedges for serving
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. each ground black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 c. packed cilantro stems and leaves, plus additional leaves for serving
- 1 1/2 lb. salmon cut into 4 fillets
- Cooking spray
Combine all ingredients except for the salmon in a bender or food processor and puree until smooth.
Combine salmon and marinade in the FoodSaver Quick Marinator and seal. Marinate for at least one hour or up to overnight, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Remove from container (defrost if frozen) shake off excess marinade, and discard.
Lightly spray baking sheet pan with cooking spray, place the fillets, skin side down, and roast until medium doneness, 6 to 8 minutes.
Serve with additional cilantro leaves and lime wedges.