Herbed Cauliflower Rice
You won't think of rice the same way again.
- ½ large head of cauliflower broken into florets (about 5 cups)
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped cilantro plus whole leaves for serving
- 10 scallions finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- Flaky sea salt for serving; optional
Set up a food processor with the coarse shredding disc; process cauliflower. You should end up with about 4 cups. Transfer cauliflower to a paper towel–lined plate or rimmed baking sheet and place another layer of paper towel on top to squeeze out any moisture.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the butter. Once butter begins to foam. Cook scallions and jalapeño until scallions are softened, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, now toss to combine, and cover. Cook, shaking pan occasionally for 5–7 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Toss in ⅓ cup chopped cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
Transfer cauliflower rice to a platter. Top with cilantro leaves and sea salt, if using.
Serve and enjoy! 😀