Ham and Potato Soup
Nothing like a hot mug of creamy soup to give you the warm fuzzies.
- 3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground white or black pepper or to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
In a stockpot, combine the vegetables with the ham and water. Bring everything to a boil, then let it cook over medium heat until for about 10 to 15 minutes. The potatoes should be nice and tender. After that, stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
In a separate pan, melt the butter medium-low. Using a fork, whisk the flour in and cook. Stir constantly until the mixture is thick, about a minute. Slowly stir the milk in so lumps don't form until all of it has been added. Keep stirring on medium-low until it's thick, another 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir your milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook the whole thing until it's heated through. All done!