Spicy Shrimp Cocktail
Tender shrimp with a real knockout of a spicy sauce!
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 ½ cups tomato and clam juice cocktail
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 ripe avocado peeled, pitted, and chopped
In a big bowl, mix together the shrimp, red onion, habanero pepper, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Afterward, add in the tomato and clam juice cocktail, lime juice, ketchup, horseradish, and hot pepper sauce and stir it all together, seasoning with salt to taste. Gently stir in the avocado, but be careful not to mash it up.
Stretch some plastic wrap over the bowl and let it chill in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours, then serve.