Clams in White Bean Sauce
Grab your favorite crusty bread to sop up the sauce.
- 36 littleneck or Manila clams scrubbed
- 1 can medium white beans 15 oz. rinsed
- ¼ cup olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 fennel bulb
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 lemon
- Handful of parsley leaves
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- 4 thick slices country-style bread toasted
Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Sautee fennel, garlic, and rosemary for 4 minutes.
Add clams, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
Cover and let simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the clams open up. Throw out any clams that do not open.
Remove clams from the liquid and pour in beans.
Cook for 2 more minutes, add clams and parsley.
Make a salad with sliced fennel, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Serve clams over salad. Enjoy! 😀